Thursday, November 09, 2006

PWS High Honors
The Strange Accolades Keep Rolling In


This frankly amazing gem came strolling into our PWS paws last night from a REAL LIFE Second Lifer! Unfortunately I had already cracked open the malt liquor and SJ had already clopped off to clog dancing or we would have been all over it. So, whatever, deal.

Allegedly, there is a true to the sweet baby jesus Second Life publication called "World of SL" and the real meat of this little rag, is to give Second Lifers the opportunity to post about what exactly they get up to in this wonderful, wonderful, fake, weird, slightly disturbing world. And to our utter suprise and complete JOY, your very own PWS pals were featured smack bang right between the "Performancing" and "Why We Have Sex in Second Life" posts. Of course, I'm told it's because some people have a problem with what SJ and I do. And if you have a problem with totally awesome reporting then good because I have a problem with you.

However, to be fair, I thought we'd take a closer look at World of SL's content - and you know what? We actually 100% completely agree with a LOT of the points made. So consider ourselves told! I've pulled out a few points highlighted in blue from the "Why We Have Sex in Second Life" post with my thoughts below. Let us know what you think!

Before anything else, I have to say I believe sex happens in your head.

PWS: Totally right. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've certainly never used anything else. It's just me, baby. And sometimes my pegasus.

"But in some very important ways, sex in Second Life is *the very same thing* as sex in Real Life".

PWS: I would actually have to disagree with this one. My sex life is MUCH better in Second Life.

Your brain tells your body it's aroused, and with a little help from a hand or I don't know, some kind of appliance you've bolted onto your desk, your rocket ship takes flight and when you eventually come to yourself you're in afterglow.

PWS: Where the hell did you get a rocket ship?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Back to what you do best, CK. Hard-nosed investigative journalism on Second Life. I smell a PWS Pulitzer! Shit, wait, that was just a tuna melt.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing. Simply amazing.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I get myself one of those rocket ships?

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't hold my silence anymore. I've been reading your rag for a few weeks now, and I'm enraged. Apoplectic. Steaming mad. (And thanks to you, I've come down with a nasty bout of meta-shingles.)

You hacks should get a life. I've been living in Second Life, One Life to Live, and Gimme a Break! for years now. You just don't get it. You likely never will.

Although to settle the bet, sex with Nell Carter beats sex anywhere, anytime, with anyone.

(Just have to wait until she vacuums out the fish tank for optimal effect.)

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Second Life is everywhere, bitches

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/11/13/second.life.university/index.html

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home