Thursday, November 02, 2006

Back to Basics

Those of you who are long-time PWS followers will know that Second Life isn't the only subject we report on. Nope. We also like to make fun of our parents whenever humanly possible. And on that note, please enjoy the following email from my Mother that just popped into my inbox. Please note the astericks throughout the email as I have taken the liberty to address several items that might be of confusion to our readers. I've also included the "Thought for the Day" she provided at the bottom of this little gem - I think it's applicable to both First and Second Life.

#

Hello Sweetheart-

Hannah* wants to know if your got her Halloween Card?

I klutz'd out last night and knocked red wine all over my new gabardine suit..it got AIRBORNE!. I washed it off with Oxyclean, but the Dry Cleaners were NOT happy with me. They think that it will water mark. Too bad,... I like that new suit. Good thing I got it at Filene's Basement.**

Tomorrow I'll be working from Boston. Hope to get into F.Bs and find more Austin Reeds. Looks like I may need a replacement.

Love YOUR MOO

*Family dog. Like to send greeting cards.
**Discount clothing store. She sent me a list of NY locations in case I want to pick anything up.


Thought for the Day:

A lecturer, when explaining stress management to an audience, raised a glass of water and asked, "how heavy is this glass of water? Answers called out ranged from 8oz. to 20oz. The lecturer replied, The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long you try to hold it. "If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance. "In each case, it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes. "He continued, "And that's the way it is with stress management. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on. "As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden. " "So, before you return home tonight, put the burden of work down. Don't carry it home. You can pick it up tomorrow. Whatever burdens you're carrying now, let them down for a moment if you can. " "Relax; pick them up later after you've rested. Life is short. Enjoy it!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell your dog to send me cards

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been holding a glass of milk for an hour...what does that mean?

1:43 PM  
Blogger Belle and Ferdinand (Cornelius too!) said...

we send cards too. And read the Register!

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to return to the roots, PWS!! i adore these letters from "moo". keep 'em coming!!!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home