Friday, October 13, 2006

Extra! Extra! PWS Founders Interviewed!



Now, we don't want to brag, but we're kinda a big deal. So much so that SJ and I were just interviewed by Kristin M. (who you may remember from the PWS most devoted reader posting) for a cutting edge publication. I mean, I know! I'm kind of in shock, too. Anyhow, they say there ain't no such thing as bad publicity so please find the full interview below for your enjoyment and most importantly, education. And if you were ever curious about what we fineladies look like - here we are! SJ is on the left.

KM: How did PWS start?
SJ: Wow. Great question. Well, to tell you the truth, PastyWhiteSugar started off as a side-project for CK and I, but it quickly blew up into one of the most closely watched blogs in the metaverse - It sounds crazy now, but I really didn't know how big we would get. (Confirming we're in the metaverse.) I know people like the inside baseball story, so I'll give it to you. It all started on a bus trip - and I'm sorry, what great idea DIDN'T start on a bus!? Talk about a creative environment. CK and I were pow-wowing on what really gets our juices going, and it didn't take much for us to agree: pasty white sugar was it, and we knew we had to capitalize on our collective brilliance before someone else did. Why keep our ideas, our dreams, our fears and our lives a secret? If we shared them with the world, we'd make something happen, and help millions of people while doing it.

That's the story!

KM: Where are you looking for PWS to go?
SJ: My goal is that PWS becomes ubiquitous in tomorrow's fast-paced and delicious digital culture. We hear SO much about the youtubes, the secondlifes of the world, but I think what's next is seeing PWS on your Mom's computer, hearing the grocery store check-out clerk mentioning a post, you know. I don't think it's too much to ask either, because things are really taking off. In less than a month, we've reached upwards of eight readers, and we have NO ADVERTISING. It's all been word of mouth. There's alot of opportunity out there in the metaverse, and if you're quick, smart and creative, you can make history.

So, specifically, what's next? You can expect some posts on my Dad's Godzilla paintings (details to come!), more of the ground-breaking investigative journalism CK is trying her hand at with her Second Life reports, and here & there, some guest columns. We don't want to completely sell out and change what we're about, at least not yet. When Google knocks on the door, though, I can't say I won't' answer it! One other little thing to watch out for: merchandising, lots and lots of merchandising.

KM: Give a brief overview of what PWS readers can expect in the future?
SJ: This is a stupid question. I just answered it. I don't have time for this crap.

KM: Who are PWS readers?
CK: Well Kristin, that's another great question. Currently we have a strong following with you and ex-Biter, Annie Wilson. We've had to add four, new servers (AMD Opteron, of course!) just to keep up with the traffic.

KM: How did you get an ad?
CK: I have to admit, that was a really pivotal moment for PWS. You know, as SJ mentioned above, we started this thing as a tribute to something great, but it's rapidly evolved into so much more than that: a credible news source, nobel prize worthy literary shorts, cutting-edge photography. Some are even saying we are the next CNN. Yeah, no kidding. So obviously with that kind of success, we are going to get people knocking down our doors for some ad space. This is prime real estate, baby! At the moment, we're still being pretty selective, but buckle your seatbelts for a few doozies in the very near timeframe. I don't want to be a tease or anything, but we've already signed a few 6 figure deals.

KM: Did you find any barriers in making PWS what it is today?
CK: Working with SJ can be tough but you know why? It's because she keeps me on my toes, man! Always pushing me to think outside the box - Andrioid paws and humping Minnie Mouses - It can sometimes be a trip, but you gotta give the people what they want and that's solid, factual reporting.

I guess the only other barrier (if you can call it that) would be my "day job". But as we all know this thing called "reality" won't be around much longer. So to be honest, I don't even need to go to this "job" thing anymore because I'll be living it up in 2nd Life in my sweet, sweet penthouse that overlooks Miami's South Beach getting a back rub from a big bulgy black man and sipping a martini. Now that's real life and you better get ready for it because it's coming like an angry, mad bull and not stopping for anything... or anyone.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In less than a month, we've reached upwards of eight readers, and we have NO ADVERTISING. It's all been word of mouth." -- I'm a devout follower of PWS and would be honored to be called out like Kristin and Annie. I love you people. I really do.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think CK is better looking than SJ. MUCH better looking.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing interview. Fascinating questions. And don't be fooled by the picture ladies and gentleman, they look even BETTER in person.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments guys, keep reading! Here's to a weekend full of chug-a-luggin' some brewskis in the metaverse!

peace!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best line ever: "So to be honest, I don't even need to go to this "job" thing anymore because I'll be living it up in 2nd Life in my sweet, sweet penthouse that overlooks Miami's South Beach getting a back rub from a big bulgy black man and sipping a martini."

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home